Monday, September 17, 2012

In Love with Paris in Love


Paris in Love
      ISBN-13: 9780679604440
      Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
       Publication date: 4/3/2012
      Sold by: Random House
      Format: eBook
      Pages: 272

I
  
Paris in Love is a look into Eloisa James's life in Paris with her family. The book opens with Eloisa talking about her struggle with cancer.   Reading the memories made me want to return to Paris and visit my favorite places as well as the places that are new to me from the memoir.  The book is a collection of Ms. James’ Facebook posts, tweets and essays.  It is divided into easy to read chunks so that you can pick it up and put it down.  Her descriptions are vivid enough that I could picture it as I was reading (I’ve been there four times).

There are laugh out loud moments as she describes her children’s experiences with French school and adapting to Parisian culture.  I enjoyed her insight into the way French women dress and view themselves. 

I can identify with so much of this book.  I am a cancer survivor and a Francophile!! My own trip to Paris this summer was inspired by my own cancer diagnosis in 2008.   I love Paris!! There is no other city like it.   Reading the memories made me want to return to Paris and visit my favorite places as well as the places that are new to me from the memoir. When I return to Paris I will take along Paris in Love so I can visit some the places that James visited. I should have read it before my own trip to Paris in June.








No comments:

Post a Comment